DOUBLE RAFFLE continues this week. Bring in an item related to the theme to obtain 2x the raffle tickets for the prizes on Monday. Just a reminder, you can bring food items to all MCWR events and you obtain one ticket per item. No need to be present to win at the presentation.
• This week’s theme: Fruits and Veggies
• This week’s prizes: From Fat to Fit book by Carole Carson (2), Free oil change from Team Schierl Companies, and Free 6” sub from Subway.
Our Next Presentation on Monday, March 5th: Taking a Break
Stressing out about your weight or life in general? This week’s presentation is all about de-stressing yourself. Learn easy, effective, and fun ways to reduce the stressors in your life. Together Dr. Nancy Swisher and Pam Gavrill, Family Medicine providers at Ministry Medical Group will show us how stress affects our bodies and more specifically how it affects our weight. They are also here to teach several easy distracters that can be applied in any stressful situation. These distracters can act as a relief to lighten the mood, or calm you down. Lastly, see how finding a support network of family, friends, or others who share similar experiences can be a soothing experience. This is a great chance to learn strategies that will rid you of your stress!
The presentation will be from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. held on the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point campus in the Dreyfus University Center Building in the Alumni Room, 1015 Reserve Street, Stevens Point. Doors open at 5 p.m.
Presentation Review: Getting Back on Track
This week’s presentation was presented by our panel of experts: The panel discussed the importance of motivation, strong support system, and positive self talk. The MCWR has over 900 participants this year so you are not alone. Try to find another participant to help motivate, support, and keep you accountable in meeting your smart goals. You are more likely to succeed if you can count on someone that can push you to reach your optimal level of wellness. Pets, Co-workers, and friends can also be a great support system. View the presentation slides.
Workshops this week:
Please register with Traci Smet for each class, 715.346.5416. All classes are held at the Ministry Health Care 2501 Building.
1) ZUMBA Boot Camp, 5 - 6 p.m.: You are mid-way through the MCWR and it is time to jump start your fitness. We are bringing you the hottest craze right now; ZUMBA BOOT CAMP! It will target all your muscles in a short amount of time. It is a high intensity interval workout that's both cardio with resistance training. Stimulate your muscles and burn calories.
2) Food Training, 5 – 6 p.m.: Want to learn how to cook healthy meals, read food labels, and know what is the healthiest pick at the drive-thru to aid in your new healthy lifestyle? Come to our nutrition workshops on Thursday, March 8 and 15. Week one will be a course on how to pick the healthiest options when fast food is your only option. We’ll also learn how to read food and ingredients labels on packaging. Week two will be an interactive lab, where you’ll be divided into small groups and learn how to cook some quick and delicious recipes! (This is a two week workshop commitment).
3) Yoga, 6 - 7 p.m.: A very special offering of a three-week Yoga training on Thursdays, March 8, 15, 22. The basics of yoga will be taught emphasizing the link between mind, body and spirit. Yoga practice can help you integrate physical activity, emotions and intellectual abilities into an overall strong and balanced lifestyle. The focus of this three week seminar will be on exercise/movement, breathing and mindful mediation We want you to learn to love your mind body experience. (This is a three week workshop commitment).
Healthy Item of the Week Sponsored By Team Schierl Companies:
March 2 – March 8 The healthy item can be found at most of the store locations. 11 ounce Santitas Tortilla Triangles for $1.89
Smart Dining Meal of the Week: Amber Grill
March 4 – March 10
Bleu Bistro Salad: Mixed Field Greens, tossed with Balsamic dressing, topped with craisins, walnuts, bleu cheese and tomatoes. Original price: $8.95
**Chicken Breast with Green Olives and Prunes: Pan-seared Boneless Chicken with a combination of sweet, tart and savory. Original price: $13.95
** Grilled Chicken Breast: 8oz Double Lobe Chicken Breast Grilled and Topped with Citrus Cream Sauce. Original price: $12.95
**Both Entrees come with a choice of Caesar or House Salad, choice of mashed Yukon gold, shoestring fries, Au Gratin Potatoes or Basmati Rice.
A donation was made this past week to the Stevens Point Salvation Army! Thanks to everyone for your donations
This Week: 180.2 Pounds
Total: 607.8 Pounds
For more information about the Ministry Community Weight Race, contact:
Traci Smet, ATC, CSCS, PES
Excel Performance Enhancement & Community Weight Race Coordinator
Ministry Point Sports Medicine
900 Illinois Ave
Stevens Point, WI 54481