Grief Support Services
Provided by Ministry Home Care - Hospice Services
Ongoing Support Groups
The following support groups are open-ended. Any adult in the community who has experienced a death is invited to attend.
- Grief Support Groups are monthly adult gathering for individuals and families who have experienced the death of a loved one. These groups provide a caring community for learning about grief, finding support, sharing memories, and identifying feelings. No pre-registration is required for these groups, and there is no fee. Groups meet at the following locations and times:
- Portage County:
- Ministry Home Care office, 2501 N. Main Street, Stevens Point.
First Thursday of the month, 1:30 - 3 p.m
- Redeemer Lutheran Church, 900 Brilowski Road, Stevens Point.
Third Monday of every month, 6 - 7:30 p.m.
- Surviving Spouse Social Outings In addition to the regular gatherings of the social group, various activities for small groups are offered. Included in these outings are potlucks, bowling, golfing, playing cards, and attending the theater. Please call for information or to receive the monthly newsletter of events.
- L.O.S.S. of Spouse Support Group (co-sponsored with the Aging & Disability Resource Center of Portage County) This 6 week series is offered in the spring and fall at the Lincoln Center (1519 Water Street) in Stevens Point. Information and support is provided to help participants cope with the multitude of feelings, adjustments and day-to-day concerns experienced after the death of a spouse, partner or companion. Pre-registration is required, please call 800.398.1297.
- Spring 2017: TBD
- Fall 2017: TBD
- Handling the Holidays November 2017 in Stevens Point.
For more information on these and other grief support opportunities, contact Gretchen Iverson, bereavement coordinator, at 800.398.1297.