Orthopedics in Weston/Wausau
The Total Joint Center (TJC) at Ministry Saint Clare's Hospital in Weston specializes in providing diagnosis and treatment of knee and hip pain and in providing total knee, partial knee, and total hip replacement surgery. Using the latest technologies and techniques, our board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon offers a full range of services from minimally invasive arthroscopy to total joint replacement surgery.
A team of skilled and experienced professionals—including orthopedic surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses, educators, physical and occupational therapists, spiritual care chaplains, case managers, and social workers—work together to develop and implement individualized treatment plans for each of our patients.
It is important that you get an accurate diagnosis of your pain and that your receive the appropriate treatment.
To help potential patients and their families understand what's involved in knee and hip replacements, the Total Joint Center at Ministry Saint Clare's Hospital provides a special pre-surgical educational program. The educational session is held in an environment in which patients participate in a pre-surgical patient group that emphasizes what to expect before and after surgery. The TJC also places great emphasis on patient education through videos and written materials, strong family involvement, and positive reinforcement of our patients and their families. The goal of the Total Joint Center is to return our patient to a more normal and healthy lifestyle as quickly as possible.
Features of the Total Joint Center Program include:
- All private rooms with TV and telephone, and computer with Internet access.
- Nurses and therapists who specialize in the care of joint patients.
- Emphasis on individual care.
- An aggressive rehab program of daily therapy.
- Therapists (PT and OT) to educate how assistive devices, joint protection, and energy conservation techniques can be used during activities of daily living (ADLs), work, and leisure activities.
- Family and friends educated to participate as "coaches" in the recovery process.
- A Joint Center Nurse Manager who coordinates all preoperative and patient center planning, as well as being available for questions, PT and medication orders.
- A comprehensive patient guide for you to follow from four weeks pre-op until three months post-op and beyond.