Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN) specialists provide comprehensive medical care for female reproductive health, pregnancy, childbirth, and help prevent, identify and treat health and medical issues that face women of all ages.
Obstetricians and gynecologists have training in both obstetrics (the medical specialty of providing health care for women during pregnancy, childbirth and post-partum care, and gynecology (the medical specialty of diseases of the female reproductive system). OB/GYN specialists provide women's health examinations and specialty care for management of fertility, pregnancy, menopause and gynecological disorders and diseases including endometriosis, incontinence, and gynecological cancers. Our obstetricians and gynecologists provide surgical treatment when necessary.
During their early adult and childbearing years, many women select an OB/GYN physician as their primary care provider (PCP) for all of their reproductive health care needs.
Obstetrics & Gynecology Services
- Comprehensive primary and specialized gynecological care
- Adolescent gynecology
- General and high-risk obstetrics, including prenatal and postnatal care
- Breast exams, and diagnosis and management of breast diseases
- Cancer screenings (vulva, vaginal, cervical, uterine, ovarian and breast)
- Management of abnormal Pap Smears
- Diagnosis and treatment of gynecological cancers
- Gynecological surgery including minimally invasive procedures
- Infertility diagnosis and treatment
- Incontinence diagnosis and treatment
- Menopause counseling and management
- Urogynecological reconstructive surgery
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Treatment of abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Vulvar disorders, including vulvo-vaginal pain (vulvodynia)
- Pelvic Prolapse
Ministry Medical Group OB/GYN specialists provide care at Ministry Health Care Birth Centers. Our comprehensive, family-centered services including labor, delivery, postpartum and newborn care. Services are provided for both high-risk and low-risk pregnancies and newborns.
Over 3,000 babies are delivered at Ministry Health Care Birth Centers each year:
Ministry Saint Clare's Hospital - Wausau/Weston
Ministry Saint Michael's Hospital - Stevens Point
Ministry Saint Joseph's Hospital - Marshfield
Ministry Saint Mary's Hospital - Rhinelander
Howard Young Medical Center - Woodruff