Together, We Make It Happen.
Agape Community Center helps community members maintain and improve their quality of life.
Agape Community Center provides an extensive list of services. With many area families falling below the poverty level, these services provide critical support to area families. We offer a year-round, safe haven with structured educational opportunities for youth. We offer support, resources, family events, and networking for adults. We offer neighborhood revitalization support for the greater service area. Over the past 28 years, we have been gratified by the hundreds of youth and families who, with the support of a compassionate community, have moved beyond the threshold of struggle. In 2012 alone:
- 14,826 guests were served 23,868 community meals
- 158,400 pounds of non-perishable food was distributed to 3,960 low income families
- 1573 volunteers contributed 5,243 hours to serving community meals
- 432 Thanksgiving/Holiday turkeys were disseminated to our low income neighbors
- 1,400 visits to the Center were made by older adults
- 35 neighborhood and civic functions drew 2,606 people
- 1185 lunches were were served to families, children, and adults from the Summer Lunch Program
Five Ways to Participate
Join us in our efforts to maintain and improve the quality of life in our community.
- Donate Directly.
Click HERE to complete the Agape Community Center Donation Form.
Click HERE to donate online through PayPal.
- Purchase the annual Sing for Your Supper album.
Click HERE for an order form.
Sing for Your Supper is a collaborative music compilation that serves as one of Agape Community Center's main fundraisers for the Community Meal Program. To order, please download an order form by clicking above and faxing a completed form to 414.464.9420. Alternatively, you may call or email Eric Gass at 414.465.5800 or Eric.Gass@ministryhealth.org.
- Volunteer with Agape.
For 28 years, Agape Community Center has relied on the help of thousands of volunteers. Current volunteer opportunities include:
- Community Meal Program Sponsor Groups: Please contact Brandon Roethel, 414.465.5810.
- One-on-One Tutoring: Please contact Kasandra Tarkington, 414.465.5818.
- Lend-a-Hand: Please call Brandon Roethel, 414.465.5810, to be put on our list or to inform staff about dates when you or a group are available.
- Neighborhood Revitilization Projects: Please call Karen Mierow, 414.465.5804.
- Add your name to our Mailing List.
Send an email to Eric.Gass@ministryhealth.org and ask to be added. You'll receive semi-annual mailings about our programs and success stories.
- Honor or Remember a Loved One.
Download and complete this form, and fax (414.464.9420) or email to Eric.Gass@ministryhealth.org.
Your participation and support greatly impacts the work we do at Agape Community Center.